Tuesday, January 10, 2012

backyard dance party


Last year I got my first sewing machine, and my Mom has been teaching me how to sew. This, of course, is a bit hard since she lives 2,000 miles away, but we have been making it work. I usually save a ton of questions for when she comes to visit, but she also talks me through things over the phone. She has also been known to send detailed, hand-written instructions with diagrams made out of real fabric. This may or may not have happened on multiple occasions. So, last year, with my Mom's help (and Maggie's), I worked on my very first quilt and had it almost completed. Since one of my New Year's goals is to finish all old projects, I made this quilt my first priority. I really love how it came out. It's bright and colorful, and I have this vision of using it for summer picnics.

Or...maybe I'll just hang it up in the backyard for impromptu dance party photo shoots.



2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I am an awesome teacher....even 2000 miles away!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt. Love the skirt. Love the dance party.

    ReplyDelete