Sunday, December 4, 2011

olympic peninsula, part I

Anders, the pup and I spent the weekend traveling all around the Olympic Peninsula; driving roughly 400 miles and covering as much of western Washington as we could in three days. Our home base was the Quinault Lodge in the Quinault Rain Forest, but we also spent a lot of time visiting the coastal beaches, stopping in small towns and completing the 101 loop around the peninsula. Our lodge had no TV and no cell reception, which made it nearly impossible to do anything but relax. On Saturday, we spent the morning on a 4 mile hike through the rain forest; taking in the large trees and the beauty of place. It was the perfect way to spend the weekend before Anders starts his crazy Christmas work schedule and the busyness of the holiday kicks in.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the lodge and our hike. 










You can look at all the pictures from our trip on my facebook page (you have to have an account, though), but I'll also be back tomorrow with my favorite beach shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment