Friday, January 25, 2013

peru!

We’re leaving Sunday for Peru, and I have to say I’m very much looking forward to Peruvian type adventures including, but not limited to, pisco sours, Machu Picchu, coca tea, Aqua Calientes hot springs, a lot of ceviche, beach and hammock time and hopefully one or two alpacas. If I accomplish nothing else this trip, I sure do hope I see an alpaca! Ideally I would like to come back with an alpaca wool poncho. I once saw one at a street fair years ago for $35 that I didn't buy, and I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about it sometimes.

I've been walking my legs everywhere this past month getting ready for this trip and our four day hike to Machu Picchu, so I’m pretty excited it’s finally here (see problems with wanderlust). Our plan is to spend one week doing the trek and then another week at the beach in Mancora. I'm thinking beach time will be much needed after the hike. Let's do this. Be back in a few weeks!

Oh, and this photo has nothing to do with Peru, but it's an old vacation picture I like. I have been wearing that yellow bandanna on every vacation for the last seven years. I just realized this. And, yes, I have it packed.

Kauai 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment