Monday, March 12, 2012

yum



Anders and I had no plans this past weekend (first time in SIX weeks!), so we made it all about food!

1. I poached my very first egg! It took me four eggs before I got it right, but I finally got the yolk runny. 
I used this method.

2. I've tried and tried to create a chicken salad recipe that doesn't use mayo, but I've never found anything that makes it creamy like mayo does. I learned (from this blog) that adding an avocado will create the creamy style I was looking for. It worked like a charm. My recipe below.

3. Anders and I started growing our own mushrooms! Get your own kit here and use them in this recipe.

4. Anders created a crab quiche that might end up in this cookbook. I'd share the recipe, but then you wouldn't buy the book :)



Un-Mayo Chicken Salad
Serves 1 for lunch

1 can of chicken breast in water, drained
1/2 an avocado, smashed
1 tbs chives, chopped
2 tbs of red onion, diced
1 tbs of mustard
handful of walnuts, chopped
half a lemon
salt and pepper 
sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
Savoy cabbage

Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste and the juice of half a lemon. 
Scoop into a cabbage leaf and enjoy standing over the kitchen sink while listening to the Grateful Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment