Saturday, November 5, 2011

lunch


I love lunch.

And I'm going to tell you about mine. Roasted vegetables is my favorite lunch to make since it's easy and uses up a lot of bits and pieces from my kitchen. I believe this exact bowl included wrinkly mushrooms and bell peppers, a half used carrot, garlic that may or may not have started sprouting, a roma tomato, bits of red onion and leftover brussels sprouts. You can use anything you have, though! Most recipes will tell you to toss them in olive oil before roasting (25-35 minutes at 350 degrees), but I prefer to roast them plain since heating oil is never a good thing. Then, when they are done, I add a few teaspoons of olive oil to the roasted veggies and toss with salt, pepper, fennel seed and thyme. Awesome.

It's sad Anders is working. He totally missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment