Sunday, June 28, 2015

glassblowing

I bought Anders a glassblowing class for his birthday and today we went and cashed it in. Glassblowing is tricky and a bit overwhelming, but we had a really great instructor who showed us the ropes. First you have to heat up the colored glass in layers before adding the clear glass to the outside. Then, you blow to create an air bubble that make the circle for the bowl. The last step is to suck in, which creates the dip to make the bowl. If that sounds a bit vague, it's because I didn't really have any idea what I was doing. Still fun, though!

It takes very little to make me excited. NERD.


The bowls look orange in the pictures because the glass is still hot. We actually picked blue and green (Seahawks colors, you know). I get to pick up the bowls in a few days, so I'll post a picture of the finished product then.

No comments:

Post a Comment