Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

(picture of us and Eleonora from our 2009 wedding)

Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone! My Mom and Anders' Mom are two of the most important people in my life. They are all sorts of awesome, and I feel so fortunate to have them both. Unfortunately, I'm 2,000 miles away from my Mom, so I can't celebrate with her this year, but I'm definitely thinking of her and sending her a "thank you for being amazing" from here. 

Last year, I talked about how great my Mom is (yeah, she's still awesome), but this year I have to talk about how great Anders' Mom is. She's the nicest lady around town, and just so happens to be our neighbor. We love living next door to her! She helps us out with our pup (Maggie even has her own bed over at her house) and surprises us with delicious homemade food (like this one eggplant bruschetta thing that is so amazing...wait, are eggplants in season? I'm waiting!!). She gives us advice, helps us garden and listens to us when we need to complain. She's funny and kind and all kinds of wonderful. So, happy Mother's Day to you, Eleonora! We love you a lot!

2 comments: